Please email the position listed below to apply for an open full-time job. Email should include your cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format. If available, please provide the URL to your online portfolio. We will only contact applicants if we require further information or to schedule an interview. Meier Partners is an equal-opportunity employer.
Meier Partners is actively seeking a recent architecture graduate who is passionate about making physical models and understands the importance of craft as part of the design process. You will work directly with the design teams and assist them by making study and presentation models. You will also be expected to assist with other studio-related tasks as required.
This position may be promoted to a Junior Designer position based on your performance and on general staffing as needed.
- Degree in architecture required, professional degree preferred.
- 0-2 years’ architectural office experience and familiarity with the work of a studio environment.
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in additional languages is a plus.
- Strong background in wooden craft without reliance on laser cutters and 3D printing.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with Revit is desirable.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, references, and work sample in PDF format (less than 10MB total) via email to . You may also include a link to your online version in your email if you wish. Please include “Architectural Designer in Model Workshop” in the subject line.
Meier Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We aim to provide equity and fairness for all job applicants throughout the interview process and do not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, age, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, or disability.
MeierPartners is seeking an Architectural Designer with 2-6 years relevant post-graduate professional experience to join our New York office. Candidates should be familiar with the work of the studio, have a strong design sensibility, exhibit a thoughtful approach to the development and documentation of a project, and be able to learn and apply the firm’s design approach to a variety of projects.
– Professional degree in architecture required
– 2-6 years of post-graduate professional experience
– Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Experience with Grasshopper, Enscape, and V-Ray is desirable.
– Candidates on the path to becoming a licensed architect are desirable.
– Experience in providing architecture consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of projects.
– Experience in client and consultant communications.
– Proactive and confident in a complex international setting.
– Fundamental understanding of the design process.
– Practical understanding of materials, specifications, building systems, construction processes, and methodologies.
– Ability to engage thoughtfully in a collaborative studio environment.
– To be considered, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation for this role is based on experience, qualifications, and education. The typical annual salary range for this position is $64,000 - $82,000.
Qualified candidates should submit via PDF (less than 10mb) a cover letter, resume, references, and work sample via email to [email protected]. Please include your name and “Designer” in the subject line.